Events in Silves - Algarve - Portugal
Here you will find lots of information about events in Silves in the Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Silves, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
Algarve Events May 2016
The May 2016 Algarve events calendar is packed with taste bud tickling food festivals and wine tasting, nature, amazing markets, sand sculptures, sport, theatre and much more!
- 13th Seafood Festival in Tavira: This is definitely a not-to-be-missed Algarve event, with selected restaurants in Tavira laying on traditional Algarvian dishes for most of May (6th to 29th) and what could be better than soaking up the sunshine in a beautiful town with plate of damn fine local cuisine!
- Rota do Petisco - “Tidbits Route”: May sees the start of another great Algarve food festival, taking us on a 5 month journey through the delights of Portuguese “Petiscos”; savoury bites (like the Spanish have Tapas) and they slip down so easily, especially with a glass or two of wine. The route starts in Lagos throughout May and it’s just 3€ for a Petisco dish and a drink and 2€ for a traditional dessert.
- 8th Portuguese Wine Show: Now this is right up our street! For 4 days wine lovers will be given the chance to sample some of the best Portuguese wines, from regions across the country! Not only that, there’s cooking shows dedicated to the Mediterranean diet, workshops, commentated tasting sessions and more! This highly quaffable event is held at the “Espaço Multiusos” in Albufeira, 6-9th May.
- Lota Cool Market: With the perfect setting at the Portimão riverfront and old fish market (Antiga Lota de Pesca) the market is all about the coolest trends of Portugal’s contemporary handicrafts, design and food. With exhibitors from across the country and many up and coming youngsters, without a doubt there’s going to be some super cool stuff to buy! The market runs from 4pm to midnight 28th May and 12pm to 6pm 29th May.
- Algarve Nature Week: An event to uncover the secrets of the Natural Algarve, with exhibitions and outdoor activities such as walking, bird watching, donkey rides, cycling and boat trips. Great fun for all the family and it takes place in Quarteira 13th to 15th May and entry is free!
To see more about what’s going on check out the Visit Algarve May Events 2016 brochure; also don't forget to pop into your local tourist information office when you arrive to make sure you don’t miss out on anything!