Events in Silves - Algarve - Portugal
Here you will find lots of information about events in Silves in the Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Silves, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
Algarve Events August 2015
WOO HOO August is here our Algarve events programme is packed full of famous musicians and food festivals!
NOT TO BE MISSED:
- 30th Seafood Festival in Olhão (XXX Festival do Marisco) 10th - 15th August - the best seafood from the Ria Formosa, local handicrafts and a great music programme. 7.30pm to 1.30am every day.
- Portimão Sardine Festival (Festival da Sardinha) 12th - 16th August grilled sardines, music and entertaiment for the whole family.
- 12th Silves Medieval Fair 7th - 16th August, the historic town transforms into daily Arab life in the Middle Age in full glory with decorations, costumes, traditional food and drink and fantastic entertainment. 6pm - 1am and just €2 to get in!
- Medieval Days of Castro Marim 27th - 30th 4 days and nights where visitors travel back in time to an era of kings and queens, noblemen and monks, fearless knights and monsters!
- David Guetta performs at the Municipal Stadium in Quarteira 14th August, 7pm to 2am.
- Summer in Tavira programme - 6th - 21st August music and entertainment every night in the park from 10pm
- 36th FATACIL in Lagoa 21st - 30th August, considered to be the biggest event in Southern Portugal, handreds of exhibitors representing various sectors of the regions outstanding products from the land and sea, concerts every night too. 6pm - 1.30am.
For details about all of these festivals and shows check out the Visit Algarve August Events 2015 brochure!