Events in Silves - Algarve - Portugal
Here you will find lots of information about events in Silves in the Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Silves, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
Algarve Events September & October 2016
So what's going on in the Algarve in September and October? Well, we’ve got theatre, music, exhibitions, festivals, fairs and markets in bucket loads AND our world famous Portugal Masters golf tournament for the cherry on top for our sports events!
Here are a few of the calendar highlights and for more check out the Visit Algarve September Events Guide and pop into any tourist information office when you arrive to make sure you don't miss out on something!
- Portugal Masters – Vilamoura, central Algarve – 20th to 23rd October '16: As always the best European golfers will compete in this world famous competition and spectators will flood in and switch on from around the world too! For more information visit the Portugal Masters!
- 3rd Stage of the Rota do Petisco 2016 – Portimão, western Algarve – 9th September to 9th October '16: Enjoy an odyssey of flavours from the Algarve as the third and final stage of our famous gastronomic tasting trail taking place in Portimão. It’s just 3€ for a "pestisco" dish and a drink and you can check out Rota do Pestisco for participating bars and restaurants.
- 4th Mediterranean Diet Fair – Tavira’s historical centre, eastern Algarve – 1st to 4th September '16: A fantastic Algarve event for all ages to learn about healthy living, the Mediterranean way! There’s a farmer’s market, children’s area and activities, Mediterranean garden, food tasting, music, dance, walks as well as the educational seminars and exhibitions. From 11am to 12pm every day and for more visit the Camara Municipal de Tavira Facebook page.
- Fishermen's Festival – Praia dos Pescadores in Albufeira, central Algarve – 2nd to 4th September '16: What could be better than eating fantastic food at a fabulous beach? And in true Algarve food festival style, drinks, music and entertainment too!
- FIESA 2016 – 14th Edition of the International Sand Sculpture Festival in Pêra, central Algarve – Until 30th October: FIESA is the largest sand sculpture exhibition ever built, attracting thousands of visitors every year. This year the theme is music and as always the sand is hand-carved by sculptors from around the world using 40,000 tonnes of sand, covering 15,000m², with some sculptures reaching 12 metres in height! Entrance costs 9€ for adults 4.50€ for kids from 6 to 12 years (up to 5 years get in free) and there’s a 15% discount for over 65s. For more information visit FIESA International Sand Sculpture Festival.
- 66th ‘Trophée Mondial’ Accordion championship –Loulé, Portimão, Lagos, Lagoa, Faro – 26th September to 2nd October: Accordion playing is very much a part of Algarve tradition so where better to host the 66th edition of the world championship? It takes place in 5 rounds across the Algarve and tickets cost 10-15€.
- Mysterio Micro-Safari – Arade Congress Centre in Lagoa – until 30th September: A super cool nature exhibition for the whole family to enjoy, showcasing unique specimens from around the world! Just 3€ for kids and 5€ for adults.
- 7th Sagres Birdwatching and Nature Activities Festival – Sagres, western Algarve – 30th September to 5th October '16: A wonderful programme to observe the migration of birds across our Portugal coast, with a host of fantastic activities such as bird ringing, field trips, boat trips, diving, stand up paddle and kids activities. For more visit Birdwatching Festival Sagres!